[rs-dev] release notes

Graham Leggett minfrin at redwax.eu
Sat May 9 23:17:49 CEST 2020

On 09 May 2020, at 22:18, Dirk-Willem van Gulik via rs-dev <rs-dev at redwax.eu> wrote:

> Graham - no worries - have seen these & am building - but will take a bit of time to fully check.

I got Jira and Bamboo to chat to each enough that the “release” button in Jira creates an automated release via Bamboo. Working through each module making sure that Jira/Bamboo all works, and to get everything released.

Release means:

- Go to the release tab in Jira, and select “build and release”.
- Automated sanity check that the jira release matches the version in the code, with a clean failure if not.
- autoreconf; ./configure; make dist
- create sha256 hashes.
- svn import dist tarballs and hashes to the dev repository, ready for voting.

Have tickets open with Atlassian to clarify how to send email, the voting email is currently manual but can also be automated.

Regards,
Graham
—